Saturday, November 16, 2013

. . . Easy Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe . . .

I was sitting in the doctor's office not long ago and picked up the All Recipes magazine and found this amazing recipe!  It almost made the doctor's visit worth it...almost. 

I can't wait for you to try this recipe out because you are going to love it!  I love how simple it is too which is always a big bonus in my opinion.  I am excited to try this with other flavors too.  I was thinking about trying it with chocolate pudding and a cola and also was thinking of orange soda with vanilla pudding.  I would think any flavor pudding/soda would be wonderful so if you try another combo let me know.


https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g6BDNBXq-hD5Q0Bf4rvQ9lfgQrFTeTt0Man2p-4TY-U/edit?usp=sharing
You will need:
Cake:
1 package lemon cake mix
1 package instant lemon pudding mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 cup lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage (I used generic “Sprite”)

Powdered Sugar Glaze:
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon grate lemon peel
1 Cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon lemon juice

 Gather your ingredients and preheat your oven to 325 degrees

In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and pudding mix to blend well.  Then stir in your oil and beat in eggs one at a time. 

 Stir in your Lemon-Lime Soda until blended

Pour into the greased and floured bundt pan

 Bake at 325 for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  *You won't want to over bake the cake.

 Allow the cake to cool and then flip it onto a plate making sure you have enough of a "lip" so that your powdered sugar glaze won't spill off the plate.

 To make the powdered sugar glaze you will just mix all the ingredients together until you get a liquid.  If you think it's too thick then add a little more liquid and if it's too runny add a little more powdered sugar. 

 Pour the glaze over the entire cake making sure it's well covered.  Let it sit to dry a bit and then serve it up and Enjoy! ♥

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!