Saturday, November 23, 2013

. . . Easy Pumpkin Spice Pound Cake . . .

I realize that I just shared a recipe for Lemon Pound Cake but I had to share this one because it was so good!  It's the exact same recipe but I used a different flavor cake mix, pudding mix and soda and it's amazeballs!  You will for sure want to add this to your list of things to make this week as we are all preparing for Thanksgiving.  This would be the perfect dessert to have around for your guests that are staying for the long weekend.  

I love pumpkin anything and this recipe I concocted didn't disappoint.  My son isn't as big of a fan of pumpkin but he took one bite and said "Mom, this is the most awesome cake ever!".  Maybe he's a little dramatic but that is a glowing review from him since he never holds back if he doesn't like something.  So, I guess I can call this recipe "Marcus Approved Pumpkin Spice Pound Cake".


https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MRtjagsFcOmAWm9f4ou4pAniK1hTd24oZEvZPwtJj7c/edit?usp=sharing
You will need:
1 (18.25 ounce) package spice cake mix
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant pumpkin spice pudding mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 cup cola flavored carbonated beverage (I used generic Coke)

Powdered Sugar Glaze:
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
a couple shakes of pumpkin pie spice
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk

 Gather up your ingredients.  

 I used Pumpkin Spice Pudding mix and the only place I have found it so far is at WalMart.  They may have it other places but wanted to let you know where I have gotten it.  Also the Spice Cake mix seems to be just made by Duncan Hines but there may be other brands.

 Mix your pudding mix and cake mix together before adding liquid.

 Add your oil and mix then add eggs one at a time

 Add your cola flavored soda to the mix and stir until combined.  It will get really foamy but just keep mixing until it smoothes out.

 Pour your cake mix into a greased and floured bundt cake pan.  

 Bake at 325 degrees for about 45 to 50 minutes

 Let the cake cool in the pan for awhile then flip out onto a platter for serving

 Mix up your Pumpkin flavored glaze 

 Drizzle glaze over the entire cake 

 Let the glaze sit for a bit until it started to set and then cut and serve to your guests

So moist and yummy!  Enjoy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!