Sunday, April 22, 2012

. . . Washi Tape Candles . . .

 Washi Tape is one of my absolute favorite things to have in my crafting stash.  There are so many amazing colors and styles available and it always makes a package a little bit cuter.  I ship every Itsy Bitsy Paper order with a label and a piece or two of Washi Tape on the envelope and it adds a nice pop of color.

I always buy my Washi Tape from Etsy or Happy Tape but recently I was cruising the Target Office Supply section and what should appear?  WASHI TAPE!!  You can’t believe how fast all three color combos went into my cart!

I have recently completed several cute Washi Tape projects so I figured I would dedicate a week to Washi Tape.  These are all created by tape from Target and my Washi Tape already in my craft collection. 

Without further ado let's get set for  
Wacky For Washi Tape Week!!!


If you have done any fun projects using Washi Tape I hope you'll leave a link in the comment section.  Who knows, maybe we'll do a Linky Party if there are a lot of responses. 
• • • • •
Washi Tape Candles
 
This is one of the sets I picked up at Target.  They are in the Office Supply Aisle and they have quite a few options and plenty of other great products that compliment these designs-paperclips, rubber bands, etc.

 
 I know these are basically self explanatory but I'll tell you what I did...Grabbed a couple mismatched and old candles and just wrapped my tape around them until I covered the entire candle.

I then took my CutterBee Scissors to trim the excess tape that 
was at the very top of the candle.

  Springy and Fun!
• Easy peasy

***PLEASE USE AS DECORATION ONLY!  I don't want anyone telling me their washi tape candles caught on fire--that would be awful.  If you want them to be used as an actual burning candle then PLEASE use the battery operated candles.


Stay tuned for a fun Washi Tape Project everyday this week!  
Linking Here 
Tatertots and Jello

11 comments:

  1. I just did my first washi tape project! I love that stuff....it's just fun! My project doesn't post until 7:30 a.m. this morning, but I think it would be fun to do a linky with washi! washilinky...it's even fun to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used washi tape. Nice projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out so cute! I've never tried washi tape before but I'm curious to try it. I'll be on the look out next time I'm at Target. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supper cute, Thanks for sharing this great idea with us at The Sunday Round Up.
    Rose
    @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! I can't believe that we are doing washi weeks at the same time! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was totally going to post about this exact thing! LOL! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally love washi tape and I wish it went on sale more often! :) I love your candles! I would love for you to come link up at my link party - Well Crafted Wednesdays! Here is the link:

    http://thewellcraftedhome.blogspot.com/2012/04/well-crafted-wednesdays-link-party-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. The candles look so cute! We loved having you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute! Thanks for sharing. I found your link from the Oopsey Daisy Link-Up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute. I'm going to have to get some of this Washi tape I keep seeing on all the blogs.

    I’m out blog hopping today and I’m a new follower. I host a weekly Creative Thursday link party (runs through Monday nights) and I would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts, on my link party at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. Have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE how you used washi tape to dress up candles!! Man I need to jump on the washi tape train! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!