Thursday, February 16, 2012

. . . Dusting Candles . . .

• • • • • • • Dusting Candles

I have candles all around my house but when they get dusty it's so hard to get the dust off of them so they look new again.  My mom taught me to use old pairs of hose.  Now I save my hosiery that have runs in them so I can get my dusty candles looking new again. 

Just ball up the piece of hosiery and rub it all around your candle until you get the dust bunnies off.  I wanted to show pictures of this little trick but I'm not sure you will be able to tell how clean the candles get so hopefully you will take my word for it and give it a try.  Sometimes mom does know what she is talking about.
••••••
 You will love this little trick!

Ball up your piece of hosiery and start rubbing in circles all around your candle until the sheen starts coming back and the dust goes away.

• • • • • • • Good as NEW!

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thank you Lindy's mom ...

    I love the design of your blog too. So fresh and inviting!

    Linda
    http://itallstartedwithpaint.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! WOW! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I am forever wishing I hadn't included candles in our decor when they get dusty

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! I have never seen this before! Thanks for the inspiration.

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! That's terrific! Great idea!!
    Visiting from The Shabby Nest. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea!! My candles are in need of a good dusting. Ha! :)

    Thanks for linking up this awesome tip! I love love love seeing your stuff at my party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!