Wednesday, November 14, 2012

. . . Cookie Time Tuesday-Bisquick Holiday Chocolate Chip Cookies . . .

If you remember last week I posted a recipe for Frostbite Oatmeal Cookies that came from Plain Chicken and while I was visiting her blog I saw a recipe for a Bisquick Cookie.  I pinned the recipe and forgot all about it until the other day when I was trying to think of a cookie for this week's post.  

I have a million cookbooks that I barely ever look at thanks to Pinterest and blogland but when I opened the cabinet hoping for some inspiration in one of those cookbooks I saw the yellow Bisquick Cookbook and immediately it made me think of Plain Chicken's blog post for the Bisquick Cookies.  

I looked at the dessert section and saw just how simple the chocolate chip cookie was when made with Bisquick so I figured it was the perfect time to make them and use my new holiday chocolate chips.  They were very addictive!  Soft but still chewy and even a little crunchy on the edges.  These will for sure be made again in our house because they turned out really well and no one seems to be able to resist grabbing one when they walk by the cookie jar (ok, that might just be me...just saying).

 • • •
 You will need:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg
2 3/4 cups Bisquick baking mix
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (*I used holiday chocolate chips)
1/2 cup nuts, chopped, if desired (optional)

 Chewy! Soft!

 • Gather your ingredients
• I used Holiday Chocolate Chips to make these a little festive
• Cream butter, egg, brown sugar and vanilla until creamy
• Add Bisquick and combine well

 • Add your chocolate chips and your nuts if you are using them and mix well
• Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and flatten slightly
• Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.  Enjoy!

 Yummy in the tummy!

Festive!

1 comment:

  1. I knew there was a good reason why I picked up that box of Bisquick recently... YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!