Monday, February 27, 2012

. . . Dollar Store Tiered Stands . . .

I know many of you have probably seen variations of this project in blogland.  I love how simple and cheap it is and figured I would go ahead and share it since everyone does theirs differently.  It is a really easy project and makes for a fun way to serve your food.

Dollar Store Craft
 I picked up a few plates in the colors I wanted and then some candle holders from the dollar store.  I used my E6000 glue (the best) and glued the candle stick holders to the bottom of each plate.  I then stacked them and used the E6000 glue to adhere the candlesticks to the other plate so it creates a tiered stand.  

I purchased my plates at Pier 1 and at The Dollar Store.  The bright striped plates are melamine and the solid colored plates are normal "glass" type plates.  I mention this so you know you can do this stand with either type of plate.

You will need:
Plates
Candle Stick Holders
E6000 Glue
•Gather your supplies
• Add glue to the top of your first candle stick holder
• Place the candle stick holder on the bottom of the first plate

• Clean any excess glue off the bottom of the 
plate with a damp paper towel
• Add glue to the next candle stick holder and apply to the bottom of the second plate
• You will then want to put glue on the bottom of the 2nd plate's candle stick holder and apply that to the bottom plate
• Continue this process until you have your tiered plate holder

• Place books or something heavy on your completed tiered stand so the glue dries tightly. 
• Once the glue has dried you are ready to serve food 
from your pretty stand

PrettY & Colorful
 

Cheap & Easy
Linking Here:
Menu Plan Monday
Lines Across My Face 
The DIY Home Sweet Home Project 
Bedazzle Me Monday 
Cherished Bliss 
Kitchen Fun with my 3 Sons
Teagan's Travels  
A Pinch Of Joy
Sassafras Salvation

  Become a Follower

23 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Gotta make one! Consider sharing with my readers at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2012/02/sasss-sunday-salvation-show-lucky-13.html

    Hugs,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Adding this to my dollar store list ... I've been meaning to make one ... now sounds good! Love the colors on yours!!
    :) Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. You are just so amazing! Love everything you do! I just popped in to tell you I featured your duck wreath this week on my Destination: Inspiration linky party! It's going on now and I hope you'll grab a featured button...and post some more of your art!

    http://teaganstravels.blogspot.com/2012/02/destination-inspiration-linky-party-4.html

    Thanks, Michelle @ Teagan's Travels

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love crafts that involve the dollar store! These are awesome. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, colorful and thrifty -- if that isn't enough, they are quick to make too! I would love it if you would come link up with Busy Monday (open Monday through Thursdays) at A Pinch of Joy, a linky party for ideas that make life better, easier and more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. easy, cheap and so pretty! great idea, pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so fun and easy to make. Love all the bright colors, perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just featured this on our Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday link party...http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/03/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link.html Feel free to stop by and grab our featured button!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! Love the fun colors you picked out! I actually used this idea for my wedding cake stand.

    Great pictures. Thanks for sharing this at the Take it on Tuesday blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though I've seen this before Like you said,I never get tired of seeing others.Everybody has cute ideas.I like your way of explaining "how to".I think I'll do one right away.I have every thing I need :) Denise-I'm now going to follow you

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a creative idea! It would be so easy to adapt to any party theme.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I haven't ever seen it!! Very clever. I want to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super cute idea - I'll need to make a couple of these for the baby shower that I am co-hosting for my daughter and first grandbaby. Will work perfectly for the cupcakes! Thanks for posting! (Would love for you to come check out my laundry room renovation, if you have a chance!) Thanks!
    Hugs-
    Carol@arewethereyet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute idea...Thanks for linking up @CountryMommaCooks…..have a wonderful week:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this, you could mix colors and styles of plates from the dollar store all day to get different styles.
    Sarah
    www.budgetfriendlydecorating.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been wanting to do this for several months now and just haven't...but you make it look so very easy! And I do have some 6000 glue in the closet...I think I will make it as soon as I find some cute plates! I'm so glad you shared this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Would LOVE it if you could share this on my link party Serenity Saturday

    Natasha xx

    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pinning this! Thanks for sharing with Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy!Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Featuring YOU tonight over on my blog. You were one of the top viewed links at last week's {wow me} wednesday party. :) Thank you so much for sharing.

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2012/03/wow-me-wednesday-41.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this! I have been looking for an idea very similar to this, but my brain just was not computing how to do it. Thank you so much for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!