Saturday, July 9, 2011

. . . Sweet Heat Shrimp . . .

I am not a big seafood eater but I love Shrimp.  I find it to be so simple to cook and there are so many quick and easy recipes out there for it.  I was doing a blog hop the other day and found this great recipe over at Balancing The Dream.  I loved the fact that there were no measurements but just a list of ingredients because that is always the best kind of recipe in my opinion.  I just sort of added as much or as little as I wanted and then I adapted the kabobs to our liking.  I made the shrimp again recently and I added pineapple juice to the marinade and pineapple chunks to the skewers.  Yummy!  I should have taken a photo of it because honestly it was even better this way! 

You will need:
Shrimp--fresh or frozen (I used frozen uncooked)
Olive Oil
Butter
Frank's Sweet Chili Sauce
Honey
Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper
Pineapple (fresh or chunks from a can)


To Make the Shrimp:
•Gather up your ingredients.  It really is just a dump as you go recipe so whatever your heart desires
•Mix everything up in a bowl
•Whisk it all together 
•Pour the marinade over your shrimp.

•Let the shrimp marinate for several hours
•Soak your wooden skewers in water so they don't burn on the grill
•Load up the shrimp and veggies on the skewers
•Place on a hot grill and let them cook for a couple minutes on each side.  I like to baste mine multiple times so they stay really moist and the flavor "sticks"


What to have with the yummy shrimp?  
How about Roasted Ranch Red Skin Potatoes

To Make the Potatoes:
You will need
Potatoes (red skin works really well)
Olive Oil
A packet of Ranch Buttermilk Dressing Powder

To make:
•Clean your potatoes and cut into chunks
•Drizzle with olive oil and stir around.  Then add your Ranch powder mix all over the taters
•Stir so all the potatoes get coated
•Bake in a 425 degree oven for about 30 to 45 minutes.  Just watch them and stir frequently to avoid over browning.  We like ours pretty brown but you may just want them slightly browned.

Yummy in the Tummy!

Linking Up Here:

4 comments:

  1. I love shrimp and I actually have a bag of frozen shrimp sitting in my freezer right now. I'm thinking maybe I should throw this together tonight but there is one problem...I have never used a grill! I'm not sure if my first time should be well the hubby is away he may come back to a charred home.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Jennifer you better step away from the grill. Wait until I send a waiver clearing Itsy Bitsy Paper of all liability. I melted the siding on my porch with my grill so I know it can be dangerous and I wouldn't want to be held responsible. Haha

    You could easily marinate the shrimp and then do it in skillet. Sounds safer.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a DELICIOUS meal!!! We love shrimp. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I bet these are to die for! I love those Hidden Valley packets! I just shared a veggie dip using the Fiesta Ranch one. I'm going to have to try this - I think I have a ranch packet in my pantry!

    -Kelsey
    www.poofycheeks.blogspot.com
    www.everyday-is-a-celebration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!