Sunday, July 10, 2011

. . . Brown Sugar Cinnamon Peach Pie Recipe . . .

It's time for Peaches and it is great because they are readily available and usually really sweet and juicy in the summer.  I was at the store the other day and they had them on sale so I bought a bunch of them, not having a clue what I would make with them.  Then I got the new Southern Living and right on the cover was the Brown Sugar Cinnamon Peach Pie.  Sounded good and the perfect thing to make with my peaches.

The pie was very tasty with the combination of the brown sugar and cinnamon.  I think you will enjoy it but it is a bit of a time consuming pie to make so be prepared that you don't just throw it together and forget about it. 

Print Recipe HERE

You Will Need: 
1 1/3 cups cold butter 
4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided 
1 1/2 teaspoons salt 
1/2 to 3/4 cup ice-cold water 
8 large fresh, firm, ripe peaches (about 4 lb.) 
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar 
1/3 cup granulated sugar 
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
1/8 teaspoon salt 
1 1/2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces 
1 large egg, beaten 
1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar

**I used the Pie Crust Recipe that I posted HERE instead of the one listed above.

 Gather your peaches
You will need to peel the skin from your peaches
Chop peaches into small pieces
Combine dry ingredients

Toss dry ingredients over peaches
Stir well to combine
Pour into pie plate and top with chunks of chilled butter
Make a lattice top for your pie and coat with a beaten egg.  Bake

Yummy!

Linking up here:

4 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! Definitely something I'd love to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy! I am making peach pie tomorrow. I am surprised this one is not runny yet doesn't have thickeners in it. Did you add flour or cornstarch or anything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The link to the pie crust you used just brings you back to this post. Also, do you think this would work with a crumb top?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The peaches I used were very ripe and juicy and I too was worried it would be runny but there is just enough flour in the recipe that it thickened it up. I have fixed the link that wasn't working and now it should take you to the right pie crust recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!