Monday, August 25, 2014

1st day of 6th grade and a sweet treat for teacher

I can't believe I am a mom of a middle schooler now!  Wasn't it just last week I was in the hospital holding my new baby?  Wow!  Time does fly and it seems to go faster the older I get.  

Today has been the day he has dreaded all summer long.  The new school and getting out of his comfort zone has not been easy for him.  He doesn't do change well at all so this has been big.  I know he will be fine but seeing him be so nervous has made me a wreck!  Of course I have to be the grown up and tell him it's going to be great and to make him believe that.  Meanwhile, I need someone to tell me it's going to be great !

I look forward to seeing him grow this year and to get to try lots of new things and expand his horizons but at the same time I want to keep him home with me forever and know that he is safe and innocent.  Part of being a good parent is letting go and I know that but it's been hard this year.  I try to remember to enjoy every moment with him because it's going so fast but these times are always a good reminder to stop and enjoy life with him.

 My 6th Grader!   

 Each year we have a tradition of drawing a heart on his hand.  It started back in kindergarten and he has requested it each year.  Even this year he asked me to do it which was a surprise.  When I first did it I told him it was for him to look at when he got nervous and he'd remember me.  It worked like a charm and every year he has said "Don't forget my heart".  Makes me melt that he still wants it on his hand.

 He's growing up so fast!

 Ready to head to middle school!

 Little Man!

 • • • 

 Back to School!
 • • •

I was worried he wouldn't want to take teacher treats to school this year since he's getting older so imagine my surprise when he asked me what I was sending in for the teachers on the first day of school.  I would have been busy planning something more elaborate but since it was last minute we ran to the store and grabbed some candy and I made a couple cute tags for the boxes and tied them on with twine.  It ended up being the perfect thing--small enough he can put it in his backpack for all the teachers and not too elaborate that he'd be embarrassed to hand the treat out.

I recently read that middle school and high school teachers are the most forgotten teachers so try not to forget about them! 

 "It's going to be a BUNCHA fun with you as my teacher!"

 "I am BURSTING with excitement to have you as my teacher!"

 I tied the tags to a box of Buncha Crunch and a box of Starburst.  

 Simple and Sweet!

 I love easy and quick ideas like this!  Usually these end up being a bigger hit than when I spend hours making some sort of baked good or craft! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!