Thursday, July 10, 2014

. . . Creamy Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches . . .

I honestly have no idea when or where I picked up this recipe but it's always a hit in our house.  It's kind of a dump to your liking recipe which is my favorite kind!  I made these for the first time a few years ago and my son ate the leftovers until every last bit was gone and then asked me to make them again so he could keep eating them.  He doesn't like leftovers so that is saying something! 

The cream cheese is such a great addition to these to make them extra creamy sandwiches.  The best part of this recipe is how quickly you can throw this together. 

You will need:

2 Cups Beef Broth
1 pkg Lipton Onion soup mix
1 lb.Deli Roast Beef, thinly sliced
1 Green Pepper, sliced thin
1 Onion, sliced thin--you can use a white or yellow onion
4 ounces Cream Cheese
Provolone Cheese slices (I used about 2 slices per sandwich)
Hoagie rolls


Bring beef broth and onion soup mix to a boil in a large skillet. Add roast beef, reduce heat, and simmer for about 5-10 minutes until beef is cooked just the way you like it. In another large skillet saute onion and green peppers until nicely browned.

When beef is done simmering, drain most the juice off the meat mixture.  Add 4 ounces of cream cheese and let it melt while mixing it into the meat.

Once the cream cheese in the pan is all melted, pile beef mixture and onions and peppers onto each hoagie roll then top with provolone cheese and place sandwiches, open-faced on a large baking sheet.

Broil on high for about a minute or so until cheese becomes bubbly and bread becomes slightly toasty. Remove from oven and serve immediately.  I cut ours in half and then did some without any onions and peppers and they were great either way.  Since making this recipe I've added in mushrooms and boy is that good too!

Gather your ingredients to prepare your Cheesesteak sandwiches

Combine the beef broth and onion soup in a skillet over medium to high heat until it boils

Once beef broth and onion soup come to a boil add your roast beef.  Brown it until you get it to the perfect color for you.  We like ours a little browner so I cooked mine a bit longer than you'd actually have to do it.

In a separate skillet saute your onions and green peppers until they are nicely browned.  I also add mushrooms a lot of time and it adds a nice touch to the recipe.



Drain most the liquid off your meat and add in your 4 ounces of cream cheese.

Let the cream cheese melt into the meat mixture.  You will want to stir it while it's melting to get it evenly distributed.  Once it's all melted you are ready to serve these up on hoagie rolls.


I put meat and the veggies on a half a hoagie roll and add a slice of cheese and leave the buns open faced and stick them under the broiler for a minute or two until everything is melted and browned.  


Serve them up and ENJOY!



I love my readers so I hope you will become a follower

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!