Monday, February 10, 2014

. . . white wine sauteed mushrooms . . .

I am ah-bbb-sessed with these mushrooms.  Mushrooms are one of my favorite things to eat but let me tell you now that I have made these several times they are my go to when I want them as a side dish.  So yummy and they have a little bit of a tang to them because of the wine and lemon juice or Balsamic Vinegar.  They also get this nice glaze over them thanks to the butter.  Yum!  I think you are going to really enjoy these.

 You will need:
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 package whole white mushrooms, wiped clean
2 tablespoons butter
Salt
1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoons lemon juice OR a splash of Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 to 1/2 cup white wine

 In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium to high heat. Add the mushrooms in a single layer. Do not move the mushrooms until they have caramelized on the bottom--this is an important step if you want them browned nicely. If you toss them too soon, they will get too watery and will start to steam instead of browning. When the bottoms turn brown toss them and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
 The hard part for me is to not touch these while they are browning but believe me it is worth it so resist the urge to mix them around.

Add the butter. Cook and toss for 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are nicely browned. 

Season with salt and add the minced garlic. Saute another 2 minutes to 3 minutes.  Add the lemon juice and white wine or if you are using balsamic in place of lemon juice do that now. 
 
 Simmer until the liquid starts to evaporate and you get a glaze.

I don't let all the liquid evaporate because I like them a little saucy but you can do it the way you like them.  I know you will love these!

I usually serve these with burgers from the grill and a baked potato but they would be great with just about anything!  I find that I have to double the recipe so I have plenty of leftovers.


1 comment:

  1. Love mushrooms! and Woodbridge Chard. is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!