Friday, February 22, 2013

. . . Easy Homemade Ice Cream . . .

Ice Cream!  Ice Cream!  
We all SCREAM for ICE CREAM!!

Growing up one of my favorite memories was making homemade ice cream at our birthday parties.  We had a hand crank maker and all of the kids took turns cranking it and then when it was done we were all fighting over who would get to it first.  There just doesn't seem to be anything that tastes as good as real homemade ice cream but it's a lot of work if you have the hand crank machine.  I now have an electric machine but it's still messy and takes up a lot of time so we don't make homemade ice cream all that often.  Until now!!  This recipe will blow your mind and it can't be any easier!  Another added bonus is that you can make a million different flavors.  It's literally a two ingredient recipe and then you decide on what mix ins you want to add.  The possibilities are endless!
 
 
 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
+
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
+
Mix Ins of your choice 
Beat heavy cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.  Mine took about 5 minutes.  You want to make sure the heavy cream is chilled and not at room temp.  I even chill my bowl when I am beating heavy cream because the cold just helps it set up.  Once the heavy cream is beaten until stiff then add the sweetened condensed milk and stir by hand.  Then if you are adding mix ins do it at this point.  Then pour into a freezer safe container and freeze.  I recommend stirring the ice cream after about an hour or so if you have added mix ins.  Once frozen serve and enjoy! 
  
 • The first batch of Ice Cream I made was Chocolate Peanut Butter so I needed the Heavy Whipping Cream, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Chocolate Syrup, Peanut Butter Chips and Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping
• Beat whipping cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form
• To make the ice cream a chocolate flavor I added 1/2 a cup of Chocolate Syrup to my sweetened condensed milk and mixed it in well

 • Pour the chocolate sweetened condensed milk into the cream and stir well
• I then added peanut butter chips to the mixture.  I used a heaping 1/2 cup but you really can use as many as you'd like
• Pour into a freezer safe container and freeze for 1 hour
• After 1 hour remove container from freezer and cover the top of the ice cream with the Magic Shell topping and some melted peanut butter then put back in the freezer for another hour.  After an hour break up the magic shell and peanut butter and mix it into the ice cream.  This creates chocolate chunks in the ice cream and it's so good!  Place back in the freezer for at least 6 hours or more then once it's frozen serve in bowls and enjoy.
 • The second batch I made was Cookies and Cream and even though I'm a huge PB and Chocolate fan this was outstanding!  You will need the Sweetened Condensed Milk, Whipping Cream, Vanilla Extract and Oreos 
• Beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form then add the 1/2 tsp. of Vanilla and Sweetened Condensed Milk and mix well
• Add chopped Oreos to the mixture.  I didn't measure how many Oreos but just dumped them in until I got the desired amount I wanted
• Pour ice cream into a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 6 hours then serve and enjoy!

 What flavor will you make?

 Creamy and Sweet!

 Yummy in the tummy!

 So chocolatey and peanut buttery!

 Check out Kevin and Amanda's Blog for some other great recipe




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!