Tuesday, February 26, 2013

. . . Cookie Time Tuesday -- Cool Whip Cake Mix Cookies . . .

We all know that Cake Mix in cookies makes them so moist and delicious but who knew adding Cool Whip to a cookie recipe would make such an amazing cookie!  I have seen this recipe idea floating around the web and Pinterest for ages but just have never made them and I regret that now because they are amazing!  I love that you can easily change the flavors and color just by changing up your cake mix flavor!

Recently I was in Walmart and they had a big display of spring flavored cake mixes--Orangesicle, Key Lime and Pink Lemonade.  I picked them up to keep on hand for when I was inspired to make something yummy with them and thank goodness I did because they made great flavors for these cookies!!


1 Cake Mix--flavor of your choice
2 Eggs
8 Ounces Cool Whip, thawed
Powdered sugar for coating the cookies before baking

Mix your eggs and cool whip with an electric mixer until fluffy.  Then add in your cake mix and combine well.  The dough will be very sticky and thick but this is what you want.  Cover and chill dough for at least 30 minutes or longer.  Once you are ready to make the cookies preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat mat.  Scoop dough by spoonfuls and drop into a bowl of powdered sugar and roll dough so it's evenly covered with the powdered sugar.  Place dough onto your baking sheet spaced about 2 inches apart.  Bake for 9 to 11 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for a few minutes then move to a cooling rack.  Eat and enjoy!  

A few tips:
After making these cookies I realized the longer they chilled the better the dough was to handle because it's very sticky.  Also I think the cookies are better kept in the fridge after they are baked because mine got a bit soggy looking being kept at room temp. 

I made two flavors--Key Lime and Orangesicle.  Yum!  I think next time I make these I will add a little orange zest to the Orangesicle and a little lime zest to the Key Lime.  I think it will just enhance the flavor but you wouldn't have to do this step. 

 • Gather ingredients
• Mix cool whip and eggs until well combined
• Add cake mix to the cool whip mixture and mix well with your electric mixer.  Place in fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
• Scoop dough by spoonfuls and drop into a bowl of powdered sugar and cover the cookie dough completely with the powdered sugar then place on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.

• Bake for 9 to 11 minutes in a 350 degree oven then remove to a cooling rack until cookies have cooled completely

Yummy!!

Springy!
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Not ONLY are these adorable...but they look delicious too! What a fun Easter/Spring treat..thanks so much for sharing!

    Tonii

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look almost too good to eat! I love the springy colors. Perfect for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great recipe, I can't wait to try these! :) You are a Featured Favorite this week on Saturday Show & Tell on Cheerios and Lattes. Thanks for joining us last week; we love having you! Can't wait to see what you've been up to this week!
    Mackenzie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!