Tuesday, November 6, 2012

. . . Cookie Time Tuesday-Frostbite Cookies . . .

When I saw this recipe on Plain Chicken I raced to the store to buy my ingredients!  These remind me of the store bought Oatmeal Cookies with the chocolate "frosting" on them.  They turned out even better than I expected and the addition of the Corn Flakes really makes them have a fantastic crunch to them.  I thought they were good without the white chocolate but once I added those they were out of this world.  I think you'll really enjoy these cookies if you make them.  I would love to make them for the holiday season using red and green candy melts for the bottoms of the cookies to make them super festive.  Fun!


You will need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup shortening
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats
1 1/2 cups cornflakes cereal
8 ounces almond bark
1 tablespoons shortening

 • Gather your ingredients
• Cream shortening until fluffy
• Add sugars and beat until well combined
• Add eggs and vanilla and mix well

 • Add dry ingredients to the shortening mixture and blend until just combined
• Mix in the cornflakes and old fashioned oatmeal
• Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet

 • Press lightly to flatten out a bit
• Bake for 12 to 14 minutes at 325 degrees

 • Melt shortening and almond bark in the microwave or on the stovetop until smooth
• Dip bottoms of each cookie into the white chocolate and lay top side down on a sheet of wax paper until the chocolate sets
• Try not to eat the whole batch!

 Oatmeal!

delicious!


Frostbite cookies!

2 comments:

  1. Those look super delish! Love the white chocolate at the bottom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum... I love oatmeal! I love the way you packaged them with the twine. It's simple and calls attention to the chocolate coating on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!