Tuesday, September 18, 2012

. . . Cookie Time Tuesday-S'mores Cookie Bars . . .

Ok, who doesn't like a warm gooey s'more?  Yep, my husband--weird right?  My son and I on the other hand are big fans of s'mores--we will even make them for dessert in the microwave instead of lighting up the fire pit.  Yum!


Well, when I was cruising Pinterest and saw this amazing recipe from Wit and Whistle I knew it was a Cookie Time Tuesday recipe for sure.  When I pulled these out of the oven my family was here and they were all swarming to get a piece of the hot and gooey S'mores Bars.  My grandmother says it's one of the best recipes I've ever made...pretty good considering I cook all the time.  I have to agree with her that this one is a KEEPER!


You will need:
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1  cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 giant sized milk chocolate bars (e.g. Hershey’s)
1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)

 • • •


 Gooey S'more Cookie Bars

 
• Gather your ingredients
• Cream sugars and butter together until fluffy
• Add egg and vanilla and combine
• Sift all the dry ingredients together then add to the butter mixture and combine well

 • Spray an 8x8 inch pan with cookie spray then press half of the dough into the bottom of the pan
• Place giant sized chocolate bars on top side by side
• Spread your marshmallow fluff over the chocolate bars
• Press remaining dough over the fluff layer

• Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes
Let cool slightly then cut while still warm and serve.  The recipe makes about 16 bars but be prepared they will be gone lickety split!

 YUMMY!
it's hard to eat just one!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Those do look good! I haven't made a cookie in forever...maybe I'll start back with these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those do look good! I haven't made a cookie in forever...maybe I'll start back with these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently made this recipe. Believe me they are as good as they look. But do you have any tips for spreading that marshmallow fluff over the chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are amazing. Oh, I want to eat that smooshy marshmallow chocolate center. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!