Monday, February 13, 2012

. . . Simple Window Treatment . . .

A few years ago I was getting ready to host a party and wanted a new curtain on my kitchen windows.  I rushed off to the store and picked up some cloth napkins and some fluffy trim and whipped those little windows into shape.  Now, I'm in the process of switching our bedroom over to gray and green and wanted to have a pretty treatment up quickly.  I ran to Target and grabbed a 4 pack of gray cloth napkins and used some buttons I had laying around the house and now have a $10.00 window treatment that looks awesome.  
*I already had the rod from my previous curtain.

• • • • • • • • • • Simple Window Treatment

 
 • • • • • • • • • •
 • Grab some cloth napkins--the quantity will vary depending on the size of your windows.
• Use your iron to smooth out all the wrinkles
• Fold the napkins into a "triangle" by bringing two points together.  Iron them so you have a nice crease at the top.
• Place your buttons where you will want them.  Sew them on using coordinating thread.  I used gray on the green buttons and green on the black buttons.  A little detail that you can't really see unless you are up close but it looks nice.

 • Once your buttons are all sewn on you will want to iron any new wrinkles then get ready to slide them on your rod.
• I had a rod that is sort of a silver/pewter finish
• Slide the napkins onto the rod with the points down
• You will either overlap them as I did or have them meet point to point.  Just play with them to get them the way you like and you are all set.

  • • • • • • • • • •
Now you can sit back and
• • • • Enjoy the compliments

I now have to paint those walls--grrr.  I really love to paint but I hate the taping and moving furniture so I've been putting it off.  Somehow I don't think my beige walls compliment the gray and green though.

• • • Linking Here: