Saturday, February 4, 2012

. . . Apricot Bread Recipe . . .

My grandmother recently made an amazing Apricot Bread from our church cookbook and after eating a slice of it I knew I had to make it and share with all of you.  It is so moist and delicious and has a unique taste with the apricots in it.  I will be adding this to my list of favorite recipes for serving to guests.

 Print Recipe HERE
You will need:
½ C Butter, softened
2 C Sugar
2 Large Eggs
½ C Apricot Brandy
1 (16 oz.) jar of chunky applesauce
2 ½ C Flour
½ tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Salt
1 ½ C Dried Apricots, chopped
½ C Chopped Pecans (optional)

• Gather ingredients
• Mix sugar and butter until fluffy then add eggs
• Add applesauce and brandy and combine well
• Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend well

• Dust your chopped apricots with flour so they don't sink or stick together during baking
• Spray your bundt pan or loaf pan liberally.  I used Baker's Joy spray that has flour added 
in and it worked great.
• Pour batter into pan
• Bake at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes or until baked through

 Once the cake is finished baking flip it onto a platter and dust with powdered sugar.  I used my handy dandy dusting tool but you could use any method to dust the bread.

 Now is the hard part, I know you will hate this part, EAT it and ENJOY!

Linking Here: