Monday, October 3, 2011

. . . Genius Pancake Tip . . .

Around our house we make a lot of pancakes thanks to my son's obsession with them.  I usually whip up a batch and scoop the batter out with a small cup or use the batter bowl to pour it into the pan but it always creates a drippy mess and I hate that.  As you probably all have figured out I'm always trying to think of how I can use something before I toss it out.  The other day we made pancakes and I was getting ready to throw out the old syrup bottle and I had this lightbulb moment--why not use that as a pancake "pourer".  We bought my mom a fancy Pancake Batter Bottle from Williams-Sonoma and I've often thought of getting one myself but now I won't need to.  Using this empty syrup bottle was GENIUS!  I just mixed up the batter and then poured it into the empty bottle and it worked wonders.  The pancakes were perfect circles each time.  




Yummy!


Linking Here:

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!
    We are almost out of syrup too..so this is perfect timing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this. I was just going to order one this week. Now I will not have to. You have saved my some money!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
    Love this idea.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT IS GENIUS! I always have left over batter and don't want to throw it out... so I put it in tupperware, it makes it's way to the BACK of the fridge and I throw it out in a few weeks anyway when I find it. This will work! Plus my teenagers/hubby can grab it and make their OWN when they want! OH YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you pour the mix/water/ingredients into the bottle, shake to mix, then pour?? Not even dirty up a mixing bowl...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samantha, yes you for sure could do the mix and water in the bottle so you don't have to dirty any extra dishes. I also know you can keep the mix in the fridge for a little bit so you can always have pancakes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea! Thanks! Hi there, Debs Dealz stopping in as your newest follower from the Tickled Pink Friday Hop! Please stop over and visit me back and return the follow! Also, we host daily blog hops, stop in and link up to some!

    Thanks, Deb
    http://www.debsdealz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea! How have I never thought of this??

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad I came across this post. I made pancakes over the weekend and thought THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY!!! I will use this.And the mix will keep for a few day in the fridge. Can't wait to use it with my waffle maker.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!