Saturday, October 3, 2015

Kielbasa and Cabbage Dinner

Years ago I came across this recipe somewhere and have been making it ever since.  I was doing a low carb diet and basically only eating meat and veggies so this was the perfect meal when I found it.  It can't get any easier than this either which is always nice!  The best part is that the kiddo will eat this and doesn't even bat an eyelash that he is eating cabbage because it has such a good flavor.  It is always nice when he will eat a veggie without fighting me on it.  
You will need:
1 package Kielbasa Sausage
1 red onion
2 bags of cole slaw mix (no dressing!)
1/4 cup of water
Salt
Pepper
Celery seeds (optional)

• Cut the sausage into small pieces and then cut them in half
• Place the cole slaw mix, onions and chopped sausage into a greased casserole dish.  I usually use a 9x13 inch pan but if you were making more or less you can use a different size pan.   
• Drizzle your water over the top of the mixture and then add your salt, pepper and celery seeds if you are using them.
• Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the sausage is browned and the cabbage is soft.
• Serve and enjoy!

When I make mine I do not use celery seeds but just the salt and pepper and sometimes a little garlic.
If you didn't want to use the cole slaw mix just buy a head or two of cabbage and chop it up finely and add that instead. 
 I usually mix mine up while it's baking so that it cooks evenly.
 Now that I'm no longer doing a low card diet I usually serve this with mashed potatoes but you could serve it just as it is and you have a whole meal!
Yummy in the tummy!  So easy and so good which is always a great combo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!