Saturday, April 18, 2015

Simply Delicious Crockpot Chicken Fajitas

I just absolutely love Crockpot cooking.  It makes life so much easier and almost every meal comes out perfectly.  As a mom I am always looking for simple recipes that everyone in our house will eat.  

At our house we are all huge fans of Chicken Fajitas from Chili's so when I was trying to think of a recipe to use up some chicken I decided to give Crockpot Chicken Fajitas a try and we are all glad I did!  This turned out so good--not the same flavor as Chili's but still really good!  I have made fajitas over the years using different spices but we have never been thrilled with the end result but now I have my go to recipe for them because this was a hit!

You will need:
Simply Delicious Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
 5-6  boneless skinless chicken tenderloins, frozen
1 onion, cut into slices
1 red bell pepper, 1 yellow bell pepper and 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 can Ro-tel or a can of diced tomatoes and chiles.
1 packet of taco seasoning 
Flour tortillas or serve over a bed of rice
For toppings you may want lettuce, salsa, cheese, sour cream, guacamole etc.

Place the chicken tenderloins, onion, peppers, Ro-tel and taco seasoning in a crockpot and set to low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours.  I always start mine on high and then after a couple hours turn it down to low for the remainder of the day but if you aren't home to do this I would just set it on low.  

Once the chicken is cooked through take 2 forks to shred it up a little while still in the crockpot and then serve on a tortilla shell with your favorite toppings and if you would prefer to skip the shell this is great over rice! 
Throw your peppers, onion, chicken, Ro-tel and taco seasoning in the crockpot and done!
Simple and Sweet!
 This will be sure to please your whole family!  If your kids don't like all the veggies then it's easy to pick out the chicken for them!
 A quick and healthy meal for the whole family to enjoy is always a success story in my book!
 Enjoy your Crockpot Chicken Fajita dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!