Thursday, October 30, 2014

. . . Crock Pot Mississippi Roast . . .

The first time I made this roast it was a chilly, rainy fall day.  It was the kind of day that was just screaming for a dinner made up of comfort food and this totally fit the bill.  It made the house smell so amazing!   I am making it again today as I write this blog post and man, I just want to crawl in that crock pot and never leave because it smells so darn yummy!  

I really don't know why it's called Mississippi Roast but that is what I keep coming up with when I google it and see it on Pinterest so we are going to stick with that name.  It is very fast to make because it's just a couple ingredients and it's all done in the crock pot.  I find that anyone that tries it is hooked so I hope it is a keeper for you and your family too.
 
Mississippi Pot Roast
1 Chuck Roast (I get a 2 to 3 pound roast)
1 envelope of Ranch Dressing mix
1 envelopes of Au Jus mix
1 stick of butter
5 to 6 pepperoncini peppers
1/4 cup water

Place roast in crock pot and sprinkle the Au Jus Mix and Ranch Dressing Mix over top of it.  Place your stick of butter on top and sprinkle with the 1/4 Cup water.  Place 5 to 6 peppers around the top and cover and let cook all day.  You can serve immediately in chunks or you can remove it and shred it and pour the juices over it.  I shredded some and left some in chunks.  I sometimes prepare a gravy as you see in the photos but it's perfect without it too.

 Gather your ingredients

 Add everything to your crock pot. 
 I always use crock pot liners which are the best invention ever since they makes clean up a breeze.

Don't be afraid of adding the peppers because they aren't really a hot pepper. If you cut them open the roast will be much spicier but if you leave them whole they just provide a very nice flavor.  The heat gets released from the pepper when they are cut so I just leave mine whole since I'm not a big fan of real spicy food.

 I cooked mine in the crock pot for about 8 hours and it was perfect because it fell apart so nicely and was so tender.

 I shredded most of my meat but my husband likes it in chunks so I left some of it like that as well.  This makes amazing sandwiches as well.

 Serve with some of the juices drizzled over it or make a gravy with the juices and put that over your meat and potatoes.  

I know this meal is a little scary because you use a whole stick of butter but it really is worth the splurge.  You can also use some beef broth in place of a little of the butter to help save a few calories.  

I hope you enjoy this meal as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!