Monday, October 14, 2013

. . . Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings . . .

I have never shared a recipe without taking photos of it with my real camera but this one was so good I wanted to share it right away.  I apologize in advance for the ipad photos but it's worth making anyway!  If you want to look at beautiful photos of this recipe please be sure to stop by Pioneer Woman and check her post out too.

My husband loves anything apple--apple pie, apple bars, apple cheesecake, apple dumplings, you get it right?  Ok, so when I was cruising Pinterest and kept seeing this recipe pop up I knew it was a must.  I just happened to have almost everything in my kitchen to make it but I made due by using a can of Sprite instead of Mountain Dew and it was still amazing.

This is so darn easy and the sauce is so buttery tasting.  If I had the exact soda it called for I can't imagine it being any better but I suppose it's possible.  I even used Diet Sprite so I'm sure I made this recipe very healthy for us.

You will want to make this right away, I kid you not.

**I actually only had one package of Crescent Rolls in the fridge so you are seeing my recipe as just half the one below.
 
You will need:
2 whole Granny Smith Apples
2 cans (8 Oz. Cans) Crescent Rolls
2 sticks Butter
1-1/2 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Cinnamon, To Taste
1 can (12 Oz.) Mountain Dew Soda (Or Sprite since I can tell you it's great) 

Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. 
Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.
Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour entire mixture over apples. Pour Mountain Dew (Or Sprite) around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream or cool whip and spoon some of the buttery sauce from the pan over the top.

I will warn you now...this recipe is dangerously delicious and you may not stop at just one!
 
Serve warm with a big scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream or Cool Whip and enjoy! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!