Thursday, October 24, 2013

. . . beefy taco bake . . .

We love anything "taco" in our house.  My son is a very picky eater but if I say tacos he is all over it with no questions asked.  When I ran across this recipe over on 30 Days I knew it had to be pinned and made as soon as possible.  I found out it's an old Campbell's Soup recipe but I'm sure over the years of it being passed along people have made it their own.  I doubled mine so we would have leftovers and I am glad I did because there wasn't all that much leftover after my two guys hit this hard.  It is a really yummy recipe and so easy!
 
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.  Get the kiddos involved in helping pour everything.  My son loved dumping the salsa and soup and cheese and also helping tear up the tortillas.
 
 
**Photos below show a doubled recipe
 Beefy Taco Bake
You will need:
1 lb. ground beef
1 can condensed tomato soup
1 c. thick & chunky salsa
½ c. milk
6 flour or corn tortillas torn into 1″ pieces
1 c. shredded cheese
Optional sour cream

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until browned. Drain grease and add soup, salsa, milk, tortillas and half the cheese. Mix and spoon into a sprayed baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake until browned.

Serve with sour cream and enjoy! ♥
 
 Cut or tear up all your tortilla shells.

 Prepare your soup and salsa to be poured into the meat mixture

 You will need milk to make this nice and creamy

 Brown your ground beef and drain grease off it but leave it in the pan

 Pour your soup, milk, salsa and tomato soup into the pan with the meat

 Add your torn up tortilla shells 

 Add your cheese and then mix well until it's all combined

 Pour the mixture into a sprayed casserole dish and cover with foil

 Right before the casserole is done baking add the rest of the cheese to the top and bake a few more minutes until it's nice and brown.  

 Serve with a scoop of sour cream and enjoy it!  I made taco rice and corn to go with ours and it was the perfect dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!