Wednesday, August 28, 2013

. . . Oven Baked Cheeseburger Sliders . . .

In our house we are big burger lovers but when burger sliders come on the scene we were obsessed!  I have bought slider presses and have been happy with the results other than the fact that they shrink so much when cooked so it isn't quite the right size burger for the bun and so on.  Burger Slider Problems!  Until now...I was cruising Pinterest one day and saw a post on these super simple sliders.  The photo didn't link to any website so I just used the idea and came up with my own recipe.  Today while I was writing this post I Googled the idea and sure enough I found the website that the original idea came from here!  Her recipe is super simple as well but mine uses a bit of a different technique. 

You are going to love these for serving just a few or a big crowd!  

My husband walked in as I was pulling them out of the oven and he said "Oh man these are just like White Castle Burgers!".  Then he and my son proceeded to eat most the tray of them.  I will for sure be making these at my son's next sleepover because they are a great snack for middle of the night cravings that kids always seem to get when they are staying up most the night.
You will need:
Ground Beef-I used 1 pound of 93% lean and 1 pound of 85% lean
1 or 2 slices of bread
1 egg beaten 
1/4 Cup to 1/2 cup of milk depending on how much your bread takes to absorb it all.
Hamburger Seasoning or just salt and pepper
Slider buns of your choice
Cheese of your choice--I used Kraft Singles but these would be good with any flavor
My mom always talks about my great grandpa making burgers on the grill using this technique and it will make your burgers great every time!  Shred up a slice or two of bread depending on how much meat you are using.  I used 2 slices for the amount I made.  Then pour your beaten egg over it and slowly pour your milk over until the bread absorbs most of the moisture.  
Combine the meat in a bowl and then flavor with McCormick's Hamburger Seasoning.  Mix meat and seasoning until combined.
Add your milk, egg and bread "slop" to the meat and mix into the meat mixture until well combined.
 Spray a shallow baking pan with cooking spray then press meat mixture into the pan and poke some "breathing" holes in it with a fork.  I used a small cookie sheet because of using 2 pounds of meat but if you wanted to use a smaller amount of meat just use a smaller pan.  Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes or until done to your liking.  

 Pull burger out of the oven and drain all the grease off.  I used a paper towel across the top of mine as well.  Then place slices of cheese over the whole pan of meat so you will have cheeseburgers when you are done.  Place back in the oven just until cheese is melted.  Remove and cut into small square to place on your slider buns.

Serve how your family likes their burgers.  At our house that means ketchup, pickles, mayo and lettuce.  We all love baked beans and cole slaw as our sides when we have burgers too.  Yummy!

I gave you this recipe just in time for the Labor Day weekend because I know many of you will be feeding a crowd and these would be perfect for that.  You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I love sliders as well! Great way to cook them - looks like how they would make them in a restaurant. I'll have to pin this for later!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!