Tuesday, February 12, 2013

. . . Cookie Time Tuesday-Butter Press Cookies . . .

When we were growing up my mom would make these cookies every Christmas and my sister and I would fight over who got to use the cookie press.  I think we probably fought over who was going to eat the cookies too because they are so good!  

These can't be any easier and they are so light that it's hard to eat just one!  If you don't have a cookie press you can always just roll them into small balls and bake them for a small round cookie.  Believe me they will taste just as good.

Many people call these cookies Spritz Cookies but this recipe is very different than what you will find when you search for a Press Cookie Recipe so I hope you enjoy it.


Butter Press Cookies
1 Pound of Butter, softened
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
4 Cups Flour

Cream butter and vanilla until fluffy.  Add powdered sugar until well blended then slowly add the flour.  Once the dough is mixed divide it up to add food coloring.  I used just 2 colors so I split the dough in half and added food coloring until I got the desired color.  I use Wilton's Food Color Gel to get a bolder color but you can use just the normal liquid food color and get great colors for your cookies.  Put dough in the cookie press and start pressing them out onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.  
 
 • Gather ingredients
• Cream butter and vanilla until fluffy
• Add powdered sugar and combine well with butter mixture then add the flour until blended completely.

 • Divide dough up so you can make as many colors as you want.  I just wanted two colors for this batch so I split it in half and added Rose Food Color Gel by Wilton to get the pink and then I used the No Taste Red Food Color Gel by Wilton for the coral/red cookies.
• Fill your cookie press with the colored cookie dough
• Press cookies out onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet

 • Bake cookies in a 350 degree oven for 7 minutes.  These cookies look the exact same raw as they do when baked which is good to know they don't spread too much or puff up too much.
• Remove from baking sheet and place on a cooling rack until cooled completely

 Seriously delicious!  They are so soft and buttery.  These would be the perfect 
Bridal Shower Cookies!

 Yummy in the tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!