Tuesday, January 15, 2013

. . . Cookie Time Tuesday-Cupid Cookies . . .

Let me just say that I love Valentine's Day! Seeing all the stores filling up with cute merchandise for the special day made me want to bake something with that day in mind.  I grabbed some sprinkles in the dollar bin at Target and used Hershey's heart shaped chocolates and came up with what we have been calling Cupid Cookies.  I used my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and then added in some mini chocolate chips and lots of pink, red and white sprinkles then baked them and added a chocolate heart in the center.  So cute and also so good!  I also made a batch of these with just the chocolate chips and the sprinkles and they are fantastic too so you could skip the chocolate heart center if you wanted to.

I plan on making these for the teacher's and my son's classmates since they turned out so tasty and so cute.  I hope you can share these Cupid Cookies with someone special!

 You will need:
2 1/4 Cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 Cup Margarine (I Use Blue Bonnet for best results)
1/4 Cup Sugar
3/4 Brown Sugar
1 Small Package Vanilla Instant Pudding (the key to this recipe)
1 tsp Vanilla
2 Eggs
1 Cup of Mini Chocolate Chips
Sprinkles--as many as you'd like
1 Bag of Hershey's Chocolate Hearts or any brand of chocolate hearts
Preheat over to 350 degrees

Mix flour and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
Combine softened margarine, sugars, pudding mix and vanilla.  Mix well with electric mixer.  Add eggs one at a time.  Slowly mix in the flour mixture.  Add chocolate chips and sprinkles and combine.

Roll about 1 tablespoonful of dough and bake on a Silpat mat or Parchment Paper lined baking sheet.  Bake for 7 to 10 minutes.  As soon as the cookies come out of the oven place a chocolate heart in the center pushing down firmly so they stay in place.  Move to a cooling rack until cooled.
 
 • Gather ingredients
• I used Hershey's Chocolate Hearts but there are other brands you can use or even use a Hershey Kiss for the center
• Combine margarine, sugars, pudding mix and vanilla until combined then add eggs one at a time until mixed in
• Add flour mixture and combine well

  • Add desired amount of chocolate chips and sprinkles and mix well
• I decided that after mixing up my sprinkles and chocolate chips that I wanted more sprinkles so I just continued to add them until I achieved the right "look".
• Roll dough into balls and place on a baking sheet and bake 7 to 10 minutes
• As soon as the cookies are removed from the oven you will place a chocolate heart in the center pressing firmly to hold the heart in place.
  • Once the hearts are added to the center of each cookie remove the cookies to a cooling rack to let cool completely.  The chocolate hearts will melt quickly because of being in the warm cookie so I moved mine to the fridge for a bit to harden up the chocolate hearts then put them in a container and they are fine at room temp once the chocolate hardens.


Too Cute!



The Perfect Gift!

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!