Tuesday, December 4, 2012

. . . Cookie Time Tuesday-World's Best Cookie . . .

Today I am happy to have Kelly from Food, Fun and Fitness here sharing her recipe for her Grandfather's World's Best Cookies.  I love a family recipe because they always bring back so many memories when you smell it baking and when you take that first bite.  It sounds like this one is very special to her so I'm honored she's sharing it with all of us!
• • •
 Hi!  I'm Kelly.  I have (almost) two year old boy/girl twins. I started baking when I was pregnant and didn't care about the calories I was consuming! It is my outlet! Now I bake and give them away to friends or the kids' teachers so I don't eat the whole batch!  Cookies are my favorite and most of my favorite recipes I have gotten from Cookie Time Tuesday!  This recipe was one of my Grandfather's (Papa).  Last night was my first time making his recipe and the smell brought back so many wonderful memories!  I hope y'all enjoy them as much as my family does!


World's Famous Cookie - My Grandfather's recipe
Preheat oven to 345*
Ingredients
1 1/3 c butter
1 1/2 c sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbs hot water
3 1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 c pecan pieces
1 1/2 c raisins
Instructions
1.  Cream sugar and butter
2.  Add eggs one at a time and beat in well
3.  Dissolve baking soda in hot water, then add to mixture
4.  Sift flower with salt and cinnamon and add gradually (I never sift!)
5.  Add pecans and raisins
 Bake 12-15 minutes.   I found that 12 min 30 seconds was perfect!  You do not want to overcook!

Stop by and say "HI" to Kelly over at Food, Fun and Fitness!  I know she'd love to have you visit.
• • •
I can't wait to give these cookies a try!  Might be a new holiday go to cookie because they sound delicious!

Be sure to add your cookie recipes to the Holiday Cookie Exchange Linky Party going on until Christmas Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!