Saturday, November 10, 2012

. . . Easy Peasy Pecan Pie Bars . . .

I love Pecan Pie and look forward to this time of year because it just seems to go together!  I have been craving it for at least a week or two and decided instead of making an actual pie I'd give a Pecan Pie Bar recipe a try.  Boy, am I glad I tried this one out because it was scrumptious and easy and "pie".  I will for sure be adding this to my go to dessert recipe list.  I love how simple it is to make since the crust is just store bought sugar cookie dough and a little flour.  The filling took two minutes to whip up and then I was done.  The hardest part of this recipe was waiting until it came out of the oven so I could eat it!

 yummy!

 You will need:
1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
  ½ c. all purpose flour
3 eggs
¾ c. light corn syrup
¾ c. sugar
    1 tsp. Molasses
¼ tsp. salt
3 c. chopped pecans
**The original recipe called for dark corn syrup and vanilla but I only had light corn syrup on hand so I used the light corn syrup and added molasses in place of the vanilla.

 • Gather your ingredients
• Mix flour and sugar cookie dough until blended
• Press the dough into a lightly greased baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes
• While the crust is baking beat the eggs until fluffy 
• Add remaining ingredients except for the pecans 
• Your mixture will be runny and a light brown color 
• Pull the baked crust out of the oven and get ready to pour your filling over it

 • Pour the liquid filling over the baked crust
• Add your chopped pecans to the mixture and spread evenly
• Bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes.  Let cool completely then cut into bars.
  


Pecan Goodness!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so tasty!Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love for you to share this (or any of your other great ideas) at the link party going on through tomorrow night at ‘Or so she says …’ Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!