Tuesday, July 24, 2012

. . . Cookie Time Tuesday - Guest Post from The Adventures of Sweet Sugarbelle . . .



I am so excited to share Cookie Time Tuesday with you today because I have a very special Guest Post!  I don't know if you have been on The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle's blog but you HAVE to visit.  I can spend hours there looking at Callye's beautiful cookies--they are truly a work of art. 

{Here is an example of just a few of her beautiful cookies}
As you can imagine, I was thrilled when she said yes to doing a guest post for Cookie Time Tuesday! I like a nice simple cookie because I don't have the decorating skills she can offer but I love to look at the pretty ones and dream that someday I might be able to decorate like that...in the meantime she was nice enough to do a simple but delicious cookie for Cookie Time Tuesday.  Seriously, you have to go check out her blog and all of her amazing creations.


"Hello everyone!  My name is Callye and I am visiting from The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle.  On a normal day, my specialty is cookies.  You know, the fancy schmancy decorated kind.  Most of the time I am happy to spend hours on a single batch, but every once in while I want to skip all the fuss and make something simple.  These lemon poppy seed cookies are perfect for a quick and easy treat."


Lemon Poppy seed Cutout Cookies
1c unsalted butter
1 ½ c confectioner’s sugar
1 egg
2 tsp lemon baker’s emulsion or lemon extract
1 tsp vanilla
2 ¾-3 c all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1tsp salt
2 tsp poppy seeds

Cream together butter and confectioner's sugar.  Add the egg and flavorings.  Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt then add to the wet ingredients one cupful at a time.  Mix until the dough forms a ball on the paddle.  Add a little extra flour if the dough seems sticky.  Roll out on parchment paper dusting lightly with flour as needed. Cut into desired shapes then bake at 400° for 7-8 minutes.

These cookies are wonderful sprinkled with lemon sugar, which I make by mining lemon zest and ¼ of a cup of granulated sugar…or lemon glaze.  I was in a glaze-y mood this time around.

Lemon Glaze
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. heavy cream OR milk
1 tbsp. light corn syrup
Mix all the ingredients together with a fork.  Add more lemon juice or powdered sugar to thin or thicken the mixture.

"These are the perfect cookie for a warm spring day.  If you love cookies, I hope you’ll come visit my blog very soon.  I love making new baking buds!"

Thank You Callye for your great post!  I hope you will run over and see her soon!

3 comments:

  1. These look super yummy! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinned it, love it, want to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Callye is one-of-a-kind! These cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!