Tuesday, June 26, 2012

. . . Cookie Time Tuesday--Espresso Chocolate Chunk Cookies . . .


I was cruising the web for new cookie recipes when I ran across this one TWICE--once on Food Network and then again on Tracey's Culinary Adventures so I figured I should give it a try.

This recipe has a really nice punch with having the espresso powder in it.  I will for sure make this one again but I did learn to adjust a couple things and it's noted on the Printable Recipe.

I think you will really enjoy this recipe!  It has the best flavor if you like coffee like I do.  Even my son was impressed with them...He said "These taste just like a cup of coffee".

• • •
  You will need:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks 

 • • •
• Gather ingredients
• Combine Butter and sugars until well combined
• Add the egg and vanilla and mix well
• Combine the dry ingredients and mix well
• Add the flour mixture to the sugar and butter mixture
• Add chocolate chunks to the batter
• Refrigerate the dough for a awhile and then roll into balls.  I found that it was best to toss the rolled dough in a little flour and then flatten on a silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
• Bake for 14 to 15 minutes until done

 • • • Yummy!
 • • • Richness!

• • • Espresso!



Linking Here: 
Get Your Craft On

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I think these are a winner! I love espresso and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MmmMM - I think this would be very good, especially with the chocolate chunks in it! thanks for sharing at Romance on a dime! Pinning this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!