Thursday, May 24, 2012

. . . Pesto Veggie Pizza . . .

I love homemade pizza but sometimes it is just a pain to make the crust for it.  I had a craving for it the other day but had no interest in making a flour mess in my kitchen when I made the dough so instead I ran to the store and picked up pita type flatbreads.  They are found in the bread area of the store and they aren't intended as pizza crust but I can assure you anytime I've used them they make a fantastic crust!  Not too thick and they get just the right amount of "crispy".

I have no recipe for this Pesto Veggie Pizza as far as measurements go because it's really based on each individual taste but I'll give the basic run down of how I made them.  Get the kids involved too by letting them make their own.  I know that is my son's favorite part of pizza night.

 You will need:
Flatbreads or any pizza crust of your choice
Cheese
Pesto
Veggies
Italian Dressing
 
• Gather your ingredients
• Chop your veggies up (any veggies you want--I used broccoli, red onion, mushrooms and peppers) and pour some Italian Dressing over them and let them marinate in that for a little bit.
• Put a little Olive Oil in a skillet and add veggies to saute until browned
• Cover your crust with pesto then add a sauce of your choice--this is good with Alfredo sauce or regular Pizza sauce.

• Top the pizza crust with the desired amount of veggies
• Cover with cheese.  I used Mozzarella and fresh Parmesan
• Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 10 to 15 minutes until crust gets a bit crispy.  If you are baking from a raw dough follow the instructions for baking based on your crust recipe.
 
• My son's pizza was much less adventurous since he just likes cheese 
• Cut and serve warm!  

 Yummy! cheesy!

veggies galore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!