Tuesday, February 21, 2012

. . . Cookie Time Tuesday--Best Ever Cream Cheese Cookies . . .

I can't believe that I have never had a Cream Cheese Cookie but it's true.  I saw this recipe on The Girl Creative and thought how good it would be with a bit of lemon zest added in so I decided to make them for this week's feature.    
• • • • • • • • • • • • Best Ever
Cream Cheese Cookies

I added the zest of one lemon to the first batch I made and it had an amazing flavor to it.   The original batch was such a hit I decided I'd make another batch and experiment with adding some green food coloring for St. Patrick's Day Cookies.  I colored the sugar as well and now have very pretty green cookies that will make great treats for family and friends for St. Patty's Day!  I think these cookies would be fantastic with lime zest as well and would go perfectly with the green coloring.

• • • • •
Print Recipe HERE
You will need:
1/2 Cup Butter, softened
3 oz. Regular Cream Cheese, softened
1 1/2 Cups Confectioner's Sugar
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Egg, room temperature
1/2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 3/4 Cups All - Purpose Flour
Lemon Zest, optional


 • Gather ingredients
• Cream butter and cream cheese together
• Add powdered sugar and baking powder and beat well
• Add egg and vanilla
  • Add flour and combine
• If you are going to use lemon zest this is where you will add it
• Dough will be sticky and needs to be chilled for at least 30 minutes before working with it
• Once the dough has chilled preheat the over to 375.  Then roll dough by teaspoonfuls and cover with sugar.  
  • Place rolled dough on silpat or parchment lined baking sheets
• Bake for 7 minutes
• Let cool on wire racks
• Enjoy!
 • • • • • Scrumptious!
• • • • • Light & Fluffy
 • • • • •
I also made a batch with green food coloring for St. Patrick's Day and here is how they turned out:
 • I added my lemon zest and food coloring at the same time
• Combine well and chill
• Add a few drops of coloring to the sugar to make colored sugar and roll dough in that for added color.  If you don't want the additional "oomph" of color just roll in plain sugar.
• Bake for 7 minutes at 375 and then cool. 
• • • • • Fun & Festive


• • • • •Linking Here:

12 comments:

  1. Those look so fluffy and yummy!!! We are going to make these- my kids are cookie monsters! We have to have cookies in this house all the time! Love the Green touch for Patty's Day! Thanks for the awesome recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y-U-M!!

    -Heather
    @ www.made-famous-by.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had cream cheese cookies. It just so happens I have some in my fridge. Hmmm... :) These look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I showed up on a great day.
    Hi.. I'm new here via the GYB Blog Hop. Hope to build a bloggy future with you :)
    xo-
    http://little-miss-aok-bowtique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh YUM!! These look delicious. I'm stopping by via the blog hop. So nice to meet you. I'm a new follower :)

    Lindsey
    outofalabaster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are so cute in green they do sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to make these! Got it pinned for my weekend baking spree

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lindy!!

    Thank you so much for linking up to the blog hop! Wishing you all the best in your bloggy endeavors. New follower -- I think I saw your cookies at a few of the parties I linked up to. Hope we can get better acquainted!!

    Kelly
    www.livelaughrowe.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cookies look really good! I'm going to have to try this for St. Patrick's Day - good idea.

    Thanks for linking up to the Take it on Tuesday blog hop. I'll be pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never tried them either! Wanna send a batch over to my house? :) Thanks for sharing with my group!
    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi! i pinned this (from the girl creative) ages ago, after making and loving it! i went to her site today to get the recipe, only to find the blog she linked to is now gone! thankfully i found YOU!! thanks so much for sharing the recipe and bonus points for including your variations. fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie I am so glad you found my blog. I love these cookies. I haven't made them in a while so I need to make them again using summer colors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!