Tuesday, August 16, 2011

. . . Cookie Time Tuesday--Chocolate Coconut Bars . . .

I'm sorry this didn't get posted earlier today but I have been so busy getting orders printed and ready to ship that I just had to postpone blogging today.  Better late than never...

I loved this recipe!  It is so yummy and so easy too.  I have heard people say it tastes like the Samoa Cookies from the Girl Scouts but I can't say for sure because I have never hard that particular flavor of cookie from them.  I hope you enjoy the recipe!

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Print Recipe HERE
You will need:
3 cups finely ground graham crackers
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup pecans chopped
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut

• Gather ingredients
• Mix butter, sugar and graham cracker crumbs 
• Press into a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes
Chop pecans into small pieces

 • Cover cooled crust with pecan pieces and mini chocolate chips
• Cover with sweetened condensed milk
• Spread the condensed milk evenly
• Cover with coconut and bake

The toasted coconut on top is scrumptious!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of those classic recipes from long ago...My MIL calls them "Hello Dollies" (she adds butterscotch chips to the top). Other names include "Magic Cookie Bars". I LIKE your version with just the chocolate chips. That's my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!