Thursday, March 31, 2011

. . . Homemade Mac and Cheese . . .

I love homemade Mac and Cheese and I use a recipe that my mom made for us when we were growing up but it isn't a very cream mac.  My sister was telling me about a great recipe she tried from the back of a pasta box and boy did that make me hungry for mac and cheese.  I made it last night and it was yummy! 
Thanks Claudia!


You will need:
8 oz Mueller's Elbow Macaroni
1/4 Cup Margarine or Butter
3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
1/8 tsp. dry mustard
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
2 Cups milk (I used Half and Half)
2 Cups shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
1 Cup bread crumbs (I made my own out of Italian bread)

*I doubled my recipe so that I could have leftovers and enough to send a container to my mom.

1. Recipe at the ready
2.  Gather the ingredients 
3.  Boil your macaroni noodles for 9 to 10 minutes
4.  Melt butter in saucepan

5.  Add flour to melted butter and stir until smooth and bubbly
6.  This is starting to bubble and smooth out so you are almost ready to add the milk
7.  Gradually add your milk and stir until a low boil starts.  Make sure you are stirring constantly so the milk doesn't burn to the bottom of your pan.
8.  Drain your macaroni noodles and set aside

9.  I made my own bread crumbs out of Italian bread
10.  Add your cheese to the milk mixture
11.  Stir the cheese sauce until it's all melted and smooth
12.  Pour noodles and cheese sauce into a baking dish and mix well


13.  Top with bread crumbs and bake for 25 minutes
14.  It browns so nicely with the bread crumbs on top
15.  Look at all that cheesy goodness!
16.  Dish up and serve

I hope you enjoy the recipe!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this awesome looking recipe! My husband loves mac and cheese and I think I'm going to make this for him this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!