Saturday, February 26, 2011

New Card Design and Photo Setup

I got a new camera a few weeks ago and have been playing with it all the time.  I just love it!  I was supposed to take a class last week but due to the lovely Flu bug that didn't happen.  Taking photos for my Etsy shop really is the bane of my existence because I never feel pleased with the end product . I used to have to take all my photos outside because my previous camera just didn't do a great job in the house.  Now I am able to do indoor pictures, so that is a big help--no more chasing cards all over my yard when the wind blows.  Of course my neighbors won't have any entertainment now...oh well.  I know many of you have Etsy shops and have to do photos so I thought I'd share my little "Photo Setup" that is working out really well. 

I stole one of my husband's white t-shirts and clipped it to the slat of the blinds with a couple clips.  I then open the blinds to the right angle to allow light in and instantly I have a little photo "booth".  The white cloth helps filter the light to soften the pictures. 

Here is the new card design I photographed using this technique:
The color inspiration for this card came from the new Vera Bradley 
print-Boysenberry, as shown below.

It is still important to get the right lighting--late afternoon is best in this spot of my house. 
My friend Jennifer at Delightfully Noted has a great idea to use a white box to photograph your items in.  Love that idea too!

  Good luck with your pictures!

How do you photograph your items for Etsy?

3 comments:

  1. Following you from Saturday Stalk remix blog hop. You linked up but forgot to follow me. Please visit me and follow back at http://debbiedoescoupons.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, Sorry I missed that step. I'm a follower now. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet comment on my Scarves, and for stopping in to see my blog Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!