Monday, October 25, 2010

French Onion Soup

Today is a rainy and cool day here in North Carolina so it's the perfect day for soup.  I am making my favorite French Onion Soup today and it is smelling so good!

French Onion Soup Recipe

4 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Flour
6 Onions chopped
8 Cups Beef Broth
1 Cup White Wine
Swiss Cheese
French Bread

Melt butter in large saucepan and add flour.  Then slice up onion and drop them in pan and saute them over medium heat until lightly browned and softened.  Add beef broth and white wine, cover and let the soup simmer all day. 

When you are ready to serve the soup put it in soup crocks and then top with a chunk of french bread and top with sliced cheese.  Bake in oven on 350 until cheese is bubbly and brown.  Serve and enjoy! 

**I improvise this recipe to taste.  I usually add some garlic and salt and pepper as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!