Sunday, September 12, 2010

Yummy Apple Fritters

When I cook I just dump and don't always use measurements so I will do my best to adapt this for those of you that need measurments. 

First, I cut up 3 Granny Smith Apples into little chunks.  I then added cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and sugar.  I would say for the spices I used a 1/2 tsp and the vanilla I used a capful.  For the sugar it was about 1/4 a cup.  Let this marinate while you mix your batter.

For the batter:
I used a Pancake mix that just requires water but I used milk instead.  I used 2 cups of mix and about 1 1/2 cups of milk or half and half.  Mix well and then add all the apples and the spices they have been soaking in.

Heat oil in deep fryer or on the stovetop to 375 degrees.  I used an ice cream scoop to put them in the oil.  Let them fry on one side until light brown.  Flip and then remove when the second side is browned.  It won't take long.  Let them drain on a paper towel lined plate. 

Once fritters have cooled a bit sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve just the way they are or with warm maple syrup.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!