Friday, August 6, 2010

Breakfast Vol-au-Vent

I have the best cookbook called "The American Country Inn and Bed & Breakfast Cookbook"! I have so many recipes marked to make and I'm slowly working my way through it. This was a recipe I made for dinner last night and wanted to share. Despite the fact that it's not very pretty it tasted {FAN}tastic! It was easy to make but it is several steps but worth it in the end.
1 Pound Bulk Pork sausage
***
1 medium onion, chopped
1 C celery, chopped
4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 to 2 tablespoons butter
***
1 103/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
8 sliced hard boiled eggs
1 tablespoon chopped pimiento (I skipped this)
1 C milk
***
Salt and Pepper to tase
***
8 puff pastry shells
Cook, crumble and drain the sausage.

Saute the onion, celery and mushrooms in butter.

Add sausage, mushroom soup, pimiento and milk, stirring well over medium heat. Add sale and pepper to taste. Add the sliced eggs stirring gently until mixture is heated through. Keep warm.

Bake Pastry shells according to directions. Remove caps and reserve. Scopp out the center. Fill each pastry shell with the sausge and egg mixture--fill to overflowing. Replace caps and garnish as you wish. Serves 8


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!