Tuesday, March 11, 2014

. . . Easy Peasy 2 ingredient pumpkin muffins . . .

I love muffins of any kind but my hips would not love me if I ate them all the time!  Thanks to this easy peasy recipe you can enjoy muffins without all the calories or fat grams!

I have been making these 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins for years!  I really don't recall where I came across the recipe originally but after making them once I was hooked.  Sometimes I make them with chopped up apples or raisins but my favorite way is just the basic recipe with some crumbled cereal on top. 

I personally like using a Spice Cake mix but this time around I didn't have one in my pantry so I used Yellow cake mix and it was just as good.  I think I would use the yellow cake mix again but would add some cinnamon and maybe a dash of pumpkin pie spice too.  Those spices would just bump up the flavor a bit. 

 These muffins are so incredibly moist!  I love making them in the mini muffin tins because they are the perfect bite size snack.  They aren't too sweet but will satisfy your sweet tooth without piling up the calories! 
 
 You will need just 2 ingredients:
1 can of Pure Pumpkin
1 Spice Cake Mix or Yellow Cake Mix
Optional: 
Chopped apples
Raisins
Crushed cereal for topping--I usually use Raisin Bran Crunch minus the raisins

 Mix the cake mix and pumpkin together until well blended.  If you are adding any mix ins this is where you'd do it.  If you use apples or raisins as I mentioned I'd make sure they are chopped pretty finely, especially if you are using a mini muffin tin.  You don't want the chunks of fruit to be bigger than your whole muffin.

 Drop by spoonfuls into a greased muffin tin.  You can use liners for your tin if you prefer but I usually skip this step--call me lazy but I don't want to unwrap my muffins.  If you are using crumbled cereal on top this is where you'd sprinkle it on.  To keep it in place I usually lightly press it into the batter before baking.

 Bake at 350 for about 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins are set.

 Let the muffins cool for a bit then remove from muffin tin.  Seal in an air tight container or a ziploc bag.  I typically keep mine in the fridge if I'm not serving them immediately.

 YUMMY in the TUMMY!

 Could this be any easier?  Nope, I don't think so!

Don't you just love simple recipes that pack a big punch?  I know I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!