Wednesday, October 16, 2013

. . . Dream Whip Dream Pie . . .

A few years ago we went out to dinner for Mother's Day and we had the absolute best chocolate mousse I've ever had.  On the way home my husband said "You really need to figure out how to make chocolate mousse that good".  Well, I tried several recipes and they were really good but none ever tasted quite as good as the restaurant's mousse.  So I moved on and haven't made anything similar in a long time until now.  I think this is the easiest pie you can make and it tastes heavenly.  My husband said it reminded him of that yummy chocolate mousse we had on that Mother's Day.  Wow, that is a compliment I would say since the other mousse recipes never lived up.

My grandmother always has Dream Whip packages at the ready but it is not something I have ever purchased until I found this recipe.  I can't wait for you to make this recipe because I know you'll love it.  If you've never used Dream Whip I think you will be a believer if you use it for this pie...I know I am for sure!


You will need:
2 envelopes of Dream Whip
2-3/4 C cold milk, divided
  1 tsp. vanilla
 2 pkg. instant pudding (I used chocolate this time around but can't wait to try others)
  1 pie crust (Oreo is perfect for chocolate pudding)
Beat Dream Whip, 1 C of milk, and vanilla on high speed for 6 minutes until the mix thickens and peaks form. Add remaining 1 3/4 cups of milk and both pudding mixes. Beat for another 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl periodically. Spoon into pie crust and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
 
 
 Gather your ingredients

 I love the Dream Whip box--so simple and sweet.  Very old school.

 You will find this recipe on the back of the box of Dream Whip and even some other great suggestions and don't forget the great cake recipe too!

 Whip your 2 packages of Dream Whip, vanilla extract and 1 cup of milk until thickened and peaks form

 
 Add your chocolate pudding mixes (or whatever flavor you choose) and add the rest of your milk and mix for about 2 minutes

Grab your prepared pie crust (I used store bought but you can use a homemade one too)

 Fill up your prepared pie crust with the Dream Whip mixture.  

 
 I had a fairly good amount of mixture left over so I just put them in ramekins and served them with a little cool whip on top.  My son thought these were better than the pie itself and I have to admit they were scrumptious too!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!