Tuesday, March 12, 2013

. . . Cookie Time Tuesday-Gooey S'mores Cookies . . .

My son is obsessed with anything s'mores.  It can be just the flavor or the actual s'more and he will go crazy so when I ran across this recipe over on Kevin and Amanda I knew I had to make these cookies.  I'm sure glad I did because they were a huge hit!

The other day my son saw me bagging some up for a friend and he freaked out because he wanted them all to himself.  I guess that tells you they are good cookies!

  

Gooey S'mores Cookies 
 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cups flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (7 full graham cracker sheets)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Mini Hershey’s Kisses (or chocolate chips/chunks)
1 cup Jet Puffed Mallow Bits
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes.

Meanwhile, use a food processor or blender to crush 7 graham cracker sheets into 3/4 cup fine crumbs. In a separate bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix on low speed until the dough just comes together. Add the chocolate and marshmallows and stir to combine.

Place 1.5 tablespoon sized scoops of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Makes 2 dozen cookies.

 • Gather ingredients
• These Hershey Baking Kisses are awesome!  They are so huge so they make for a nice chocolatey cookie
• Cream sugars and butter until fluffy
• Add vanilla and egg

 • Chop your graham crackers in a food chopper then combine them with the other dry ingredients.  Add to sugar and butter mixture and combine well
• Add in your mallow bits and Hershey baking chips
• Scoop by spoonfuls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet
• Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes.  Remove to a cooling rack until cooled completely

Yummy goodness!  These really are amazing when they are still warm from the oven because they taste just like a freshly made s'more!

1 comment:

  1. Wow these look amazing! I'll have to keep my eye out for those teeny marshmallows, they are adorable. Pinned and tweeted! :) -Kelly @ Semi Homemade Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!