Saturday, February 9, 2013

. . . Valentine, You Make My Heart POP Printable . . .

There are about a million adorable Valentine's Day ideas to choose from around Blogland and Pinterest so hopefully this will be one that is worthy of using for your Valentine's Day treats or at least Pinning for next year!
When thinking about what to do for my son's classmates and teacher's I was trying to come up with something a little different than candy but just kept drawing a blank.  Then I was walking through a store and saw a big display of popcorn near the Valentine's section and thought about phrases that could be used for Valentine's Day and popcorn.  Also, I was trying to think of how I could make popcorn cute and remembered a few years back when I threw a baby shower that I coated it in chocolate.  Next thing you know my cart was full of popcorn and chocolate coating and food coloring and all the cute stuff I needed to make these fun Valentine's Day treats.
I am also sharing the recipe for Cupid's Crunch Popcorn (we made that up when we were making the popcorn).  It is so darn good!  I just used white melting chocolate and added Wilton Rose Gel Food color to the chocolate to make it bright pink and then grabbed Valentine's sprinkles and went to town.  Simple as that!  I put the popcorn in cute cellophane bags and added the tags with a piece of baker's twine and tada...You make my heart "POP" treats are ready to go!

To make the Cupid Crunch Popcorn you will need:
Popcorn--I used microwave popcorn
Melting Chocolate in color or flavor of your choice
Food Coloring Gel if you plan to color your chocolate
Sprinkles
You make my heart POP Tags (found at the bottom of this post)
Cello Bags
Ribbon or Twine

• Gather your ingredients
• I used the Wilton Rose Gel Food Coloring to make my chocolate bright pink
• You will need your tags which can be found at the bottom of this post
 • Melt your chocolate in the microwave then add food coloring gel and mix well.  Add more food color if you want a deeper/brighter color.  
• Pop your popcorn one bag at a time then pour into a large bowl
• Spoon the melted chocolate over the popcorn
• Stir chocolate into the popcorn adding more as needed to coat all the popcorn
 • Once the popcorn is covered in chocolate add sprinkles.  I have no measurements for this I just dumped until I was happy with the look of the popcorn
• Move popcorn to a parchment paper covered baking sheet o let cool then once chocolate has set break up into small pieces
• Fill your cellophane bags with the desired amount of popcorn 
• Tie bags with a piece of ribbon or baker's twine 
 • Add your tags to the bags and tie a bow and you are all set to give your Valentine's Day treats to someone special!
• For the teacher's treats I wanted a little something extra so I picked up these popcorn "boxes" at Target in the dollar bins and filled them up with the popcorn mixture and put them in a large cello bag
• Tied a piece of twine and the cute tags to the top of the teacher's treats and it's all set to give on Valentine's Day.
Easy Peasy!
 Popcorn goodness!

Yummy!

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Such cute gifts and your tags are so fun. Thanks for sharing everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea!! My daughter will love this. So glad to be your newest follower, I love your blog:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!