Monday, October 29, 2012

. . . Deep Fried Ravioli . . .

This past year my husband and I had a weekend getaway to Blowing Rock, North Carolina and we went to Storie Street Grille where we had the best Deep Fried Raviolis.  When we left the restaurant I knew I'd be making them at home as soon as possible.  I have made them several times now and they are so good.  It might seem odd to put them on skewers but it is a great way to do them because you have the perfect serving for each person and it keeps them contained in your pot of oil.  They are so good and you can interchange the sauces you use for dipping.  My favorite is Vodka Sauce--yummy!

{Yummy}

PRINT RECIPE HERE
You will need:
 1 quart vegetable oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup panko bread crumbs
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 Tablespoons dried oregano
2 Tablespoons dried basil
1 Tablespoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
Store-bought frozen ravioli (or 20 tortellini)

 • Gather your ingredients
• Separate your egg, bread crumb mixture and flour to get ready to coat your raviolis
• Once the ravioli is coated you will thread three onto a wooden skewer
• Drop each skewer into oil and turn over as soon as the ravioli starts to brown.  This will take about 3 minutes or so

 • Drain the fried raviolis on a paper towel lined plate
• Serve warm with the pasta sauce of your choice

So Good!

Ravioli!
Dinner served!

1 comment:

  1. I love having a great dish at a restaurant and then making it at home! They normally become some of our favorite recipes! I will be making these soon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!