Monday, July 23, 2012

. . . Kleenex Hand Towel Holder . . .


I love Kleenex Hand Towels and have used them for a long time.  I usually have them in each bathroom and either hang them upside down in the towel holder or set them on the counter.  I decided in my guest bathroom downstairs where everyone stops when they are visiting that I should really do something a bit prettier to "display" my Hand Towels.  Why not make a HOLDER for it?  Genius!

I went to the craft store after my brainstorm and paced the aisles looking for a box or basket that would work with my Kleenex Hand Towel box.  I am sure the other shoppers wondered why I was walking around with my own box of hand towels but that is ok...

I found this perfect square basket that would work to hold my Kleenex Hand Towel box and then added a single initial and a couple sheets of scrapbook paper--super simple and everyone LOVES this holder in my bathroom!  I will now be making these for my other bathrooms too because this worked out so well.

Genius!
• Gather your supplies: Kleenex Hand Towels, Container that you 
can hang on the wall, scrapbook paper, a decorative element such 
as the initial I used, E6000 glue, clear polyurethane spray, nails or
 hook for the wall
• Be sure the box fits inside your holder and then pull the towels through the "handle" of the container you are using.

• Once your container is ready to assemble you will cut your scrapbook paper to the size you want for the front of your holder.  I used two sheets and attached them together first with glue dots and then attached the layered paper to the basket with E6000 glue and let that set for a little bit before I added my initial

• I then added my initial with the E6000 glue and let that adhere for about an hour.  
• I then coated the entire thing with Clear Polyurethane spray since it would be hanging in the bathroom where there will for sure be water

 • I sprayed the entire told of the holder and let it cure.  Don't panic because it will stay sticky for awhile but it will dry out and have a very nice finish to it
• Once everything had dried I hung it on my bathroom wall and started using them!  Isn't that great?


Love!

Pretty & Useful!

Love it!
Join the 14 million people who have already joined the Clean Hands campaign by using Kleenex Hand Towels, and click here for savings and more!  

I was selected for participation in this campaign as a member of Clever Girls Collective



11 comments:

  1. So clever!
    We love Kleenex Hand Towels and this is a sweet way to display them.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sa-weet! Thanks for sharing. Always love a good project even though I never get around to doing them. At least I can look at yours :)
    Lovinggg your blog. So of course I'm now following. Duh :)

    Katie
    Lady Million

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable! and so easy to customize to match your bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great idea. I love the idea of the Kleenex hand towels but like you I didn't love the look of them. What a great solution.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lindy: This is really pretty. Very inspirational post, so thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love kleenex hand towels! My local stores have been out of them for months. I found a few boxes at walmart the other day and bought them all for people coming by soon to see baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, I am glad you found them somewhere. They are awesome to have around that is for sure. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea, and it's so cute! Thanks for linking up on Saturday Show and Tell. I hope you'll be back again this week with some more of you great ideas.
    -Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!