Tuesday, June 12, 2012

. . . Cookie Time Tuesday-Two for One . . .

Today is a TWO FOR ONE deal on Cookie Time Tuesday.  I loved the first batch of Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies so much that I had to give it a try with a second batch adding little bit of a twist.  The second batch turned out so good!  The general consensus in our house was that the Chocolate Espresso Cookie was a little better than the plain Chocolate Chip although both are WONDERFUL!

I'm a big fan of puffy cookies that hold their shape and don't sink after they bake and these cookies passed all "Lindy" tests.  They are puffy and dense but moist and chewy at the same time.  I would say this recipe is a major keeper!  I also love that you can put all kinds of twists on it depending on the flavor of pudding or cake mix that you decide you want to use.  

I hope you enjoy these two recipes and if you make something different come back and let me know the combo you made.  I can't wait to hear.


Print Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies HERE
 
Print Recipe for Chocolate Espresso Cookies HERE
You will need:
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding or chocolate pudding
3/4 cup dry yellow cake batter mix
1 tsp vanilla or espresso
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 cups flour
1 cup mini chocolate chips

• Gather ingredients
• Cream butter and sugars together
• Add cake mix and pudding mix and blend well
• Add eggs and vanilla and combine

• Add dry ingredients and mix just until blended
•Mix in mini chocolate chips
• Roll dough into balls and place on a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet
• Bake for 11 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees

• To make the Espresso Chocolate Cookies follow instructions above but add chocolate pudding mix instead of vanilla pudding.  Make a strong espresso mix and use 1 tsp. of it in place of Vanilla Extract.  Bake the same way as above recipe.

So Good!

Delicious!

Enjoy!

Linking Here:

6 comments:

  1. Those look delish! Thanks for sharing. New follower from Take it Tuesday. Emailed you about advertising on your blog. It's very cute. Love for you to follow back when you get a chance.

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE your blog. I just came across it from Google+ and I added your button on my blog. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

    xoxo Amber

    http://myobviousobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pink hand mixer! I have the bright teal one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MmmM - both of those cookies look really good. I'm pinning this.

    Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! These look great! Really cute photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pudding cookies are my new fav. Love these!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!