Wednesday, May 16, 2012

. . . Homemade Meatball Subs . . .


In our house we love Homemade Meatball Subs!  I don't really follow a recipe but just dump and they typically turn out great but I did make a switch the last time I made them and used some Panko Bread Crumbs I had instead of just using the Italian Flavored ones or even homemade crumbs.  Wow, this made the meatballs so light and "fluffy".  I know everyone is particular about how they make homemade meatballs but I thought I'd share my "recipe" with you since it's a favorite in our house.

Print Recipe HERE
You will need:
1 Pound Ground Beef
1 Egg
1/4 Cup Milk
1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp Salt
1 teaspoon Oregano
1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese

• Gather ingredients
• When we go to Blowing Rock, NC we love to eat at Storie Street Grille and they use Himalayan Pink Salt--it is so good!  Last time we were there I had to get some to bring home.  I love cooking with it because it just takes such a small amount but has a great flavor.  I know that sounds weird since it's salt but it really does have a great taste.
• Mix all the ingredients together 
• Once everything is combined I add a big scoop of tomato paste and blend it in well.  It just adds a bit more of a "pop"

• Cover the bottom of a baking dish with pasta sauce.
• Using a cookie scoop or your hands--form golf ball sized balls and place in the sauce
• Once the pan is filled with meatballs cover completely with sauce

• Your meatballs can also be simmered in a big pot on the stovetop but I love baking mine in a 375 degree oven for about an hour and a half.  Monitor closely so they don't get overdone or burnt on the top
• Don't look at the pan since the sides really burnt
• To make the subs you will want sheets of foil, sub rolls, Mozzarella cheese and Provolone cheese
• Place the meatballs and some sauce in the sub roll.

• Place sub roll on a sheet of foil and top with both kinds of cheese
• Roll up your subs in foil and bake at 350 for about 10 to 15 minutes to toast the bread and melt the cheese
• Uncover and serve warm.  YUMMY!

Cheesy!

Dinner Served!


4 comments:

  1. YUM! Now I dont need Subway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!My family loves meatball subs. I will have to give this recipe a try.

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meatball subs are one of my favorites! I usually add sliced black olives and mayo after as a garnish. Doesn't sound to appetizing, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH YES PLEASE! These our one of our favorites over here as well! YUMMMY

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!