Thursday, March 8, 2012

. . . Kielbasa and Cabbage Recipe . . .

 If you are like me you are always trying to think of something quick and easy for dinner that is also healthy.  This recipe is it!  I have been making this for a long time and it's always yummy.  Believe it or not my 9 year old will eat the cabbage like it's going out of style so that makes me a happy camper.  This is also really good as a hot sandwich.  
 
kielbasa & cabbage
I figured with St. Patrick's Day around the corner I would share this recipe--the cabbage is what makes me think of St. Patty's Day.


You will need:
1 or 2 packages of Kielbasa
1 or 2 Bags of Cole Slaw Mix or Shredded Cabbage
Salt and Pepper
Water




  • Gather your ingredients
• Place shredded cole slaw mix or cabbage in a 
large oven safe pan or casserole
 


• Cut your Kielbasa up into smaller pieces and slice in half.  Add the Kielbasa on top of the cabbage.  Salt and Pepper generously.




• To bake you will add about 4 Tablespoons of water and cover.  Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes then check to make sure the cabbage and Kielbasa is done.  


 

EasY as that!
A Few Notes:
•This is also really good made in a skillet too
• You could add in dry mustard or add 
spicy brown mustard to the recipe
• Serve this in buns for a hot sandwich option

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!