Wednesday, February 1, 2012

. . . Baked Taco Pasta . . .

I wanted to make something different for dinner and was hungry for tacos and pasta and figured why not mix the two together.  This recipe is strictly a "dump" recipe because I just gathered ingredients that I would typically use for taco night.  I make a really good Taco Rice Dinner and sort of used the idea from that for this pasta.  I love when you dump a bunch of ingredients together and it turns out amazing.  This dinner was a big success so I'm sharing it with you and I'm sure I will be making it again very soon.
• • • • • • • • • •
You will need:
Penne Pasta
Salsa
Rotel or Diced Tomatoes and Chiles
Queso Sauce
Taco Seasoning
Onion
Cheddar Cheese
Sour Cream (Optional)
Corn (Optional)
Black Beans (Optional)
Crushed tortilla chips (Optional)

 • Gather your ingredients
• Chop an onion
• Saute the ground beef and onion until cooked completely
• Add a packet of taco seasoning of your choice

 • Once the meat and onion mixture is cooked add one can of Rotel or Diced Tomatoes and Chiles
• Add about 1 cup of salsa and queso dip to your liking.  I made a big casserole so I ended up using an entire jar.
• Mix over low heat so everything combines nicely
• Stir in the desired amount of pasta.  I made two boxes because I needed some Penne for something else so I used probably about a box and a half for my casserole.

 • Transfer to a baking dish and top with corn and black beans if you want to.
• Top with cheddar cheese and crushed tortilla chips
• Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes on 350.

Serve with sour cream and top with corn, black beans, lettuce, taco sauce, etc.


• • • • • Become a Follower

2 comments:

  1. Yum, this sounds yummy! My kids love pasta so I am always searching for new ways to serve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!When I first clicked on this post I thought the title said "Baked Taco Paste" I thought hmmmm.....that's interesting LOL I'm such a pasta girl so I love it in anything. This looks like it turned out really yummy (stomach now grumbling)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!