Saturday, October 15, 2011

. . . DIY T-Shirt Rope Scarf . . .

I love dressing up an outfit with a scarf.  I also love creating things so when I started seeing these "rope" scarves in stores and online I decided it was time to make one of my own.  So simple and so cheap!  I went through some old t-shirts and found some colors I liked and started cutting them up.  It just so happens that the one I decided to photograph is orange so the finished product looks like I have an industrial extension cord wrapped around my neck but in person it doesn't really look that way.

I hope you make one of these because it's lots of fun.  I also like mixing it up by using different color "ropes" for a unique multicolored scarf.

 You will need:
Scissors
Old or New T-shirt in the color of your choice.  
**I used an XL so my "ropes" would be long enough to wrap around my neck.

 • Lay out your t-shirt on your work space.  Make sure it's flat and smooth.
• Start cutting 1 to 1.5 inch wide strips all the way up to the underarm of the shirt.
• You can see about how wide my strips are.  
• This works best with a t-shirt that has no side seams.  You will have a large pile of "ropes"

 • Take the strips of fabric and stretch them as far as you can to let them "roll" up.  I stood up and wrapped one end around my foot and pulled up until they stretched the maximum amount.
• Use all the "Ropes" as a scarf to dress up any outfit.

 Fun and Simple to make!

 See, it looks just like an extension cord doesn't it?


Linking Here:

4 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute - and I have the perfect aqua jersey fabric onhand. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome! I really like the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen these around too - you made it seem very easy. Thanks for the how-to. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!