Monday, September 12, 2011

. . . Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff . . .

This recipe is one of our favorites to have on a chilly day, although it's good any time you are craving it.  It is so simple and the best part is that you just dump everything in the crock pot and when you are ready to eat dinner it is ready.  I really don't have a recipe for this dish I just simply dump to the flavor I think we will all like.

My sister makes this quite often but never can remember the recipe so this is for you Claudia...

 You Will Need:
1 to 2 pounds Stew Beef or you can cut your own meat into chunks
Cream of Mushroom soup--size depends on the amount of meat. 
1 Pouch of Onion Soup Mix
Beef broth

 • Gather your ingredients
• Place the meat and other ingredients in the crock pot
• Let it cook all day.  My crock pot only has a high setting or auto so I do it all day long on high so that is why there is so much liquid in mine.  I also like my beef tips to really fall apart.
• Place dollops of sour cream in the broth about 10 minutes before you eat.  Keep stirring it in and adding more until you get the thickness you desire.

The color will lighten up when you add the sour cream but it will still be fantastic.
I always serve mine with homemade mashed potatoes, noodles and a veggie of your choice.

I hope you enjoy this simple dinner with your family.

1 comment:

  1. This looks fabulous and I'll have to try it. I love, love, love my crockpot!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!